on the conditions of entry and residence of the citizens of Ukraine on the territory of the Republic of Moldova
Ukrainian citizens can enter the territory of the Republic of Moldova with Ukrainian identity documents and without the obligation to present the Covid-19 certificate. Minors will be admitted with a birth certificate, internal identity card or passport. Cars will be able to enter the territory of the Republic of Moldova without a green paper, with the conditions that it is purchased within 24 hours.
In Republic of Moldova, the person is granted with one of the following forms of protection:
- refugee status (granted for 5 years, with the right to be extended);
- humanitarian protection (granted for 3 years with the right of extension);
- temporary protection;
- political asylum.
Asylum can be requested by any foreign citizen or stateless person who wishes to apply for a form of protection. The competent authorities shall ensure access to the territory of the Republic of Moldova to any foreigner at the border, from the moment of manifestation of the desire to receive protection in the Republic of Moldova, expressed in writing or verbally.
The asylum application can be submitted at:
- Refugee Directorate of the Migration and Asylum Office; border police;
- the police;
- the structures of the Department of Penitentiary Institutions of the Ministry of Justice or the subdivisions of pre-trial detention within the law enforcement bodies;
- in the case of applications for political asylum, at the Office of the President of the Republic of Moldova, addressed directly to the President of the Republic of Moldova.
The moment of application is as soon as the person showed up at the state border crossing point or as soon as the person entered the territory of the Republic of Moldova.
The application will be submitted in person by the applicant. Asylum applications submitted outside the territory of the Republic of Moldova are not allowed. Collective asylum applications are not allowed. In the case of an unaccompanied minor, the asylum application is submitted by his / her legal representative. Asylum seekers will not be penalized for illegal entry or stay in the territory of the Republic of Moldova. The decision on the asylum application is taken by the Refugee Directorate of the Migration and Asylum Office.